Move over Dior, there's a new eye liner in my life
A cat-flick-lover's quest for her liner soul mate is endless, but from time to time you find a really great product to have an affair, or even a love story with... wow I woke up on the romantic side of my bed, but really, this eye liner is the shiz.
As my Dior liquid liner is on the last drops and it's (quite a bit) on the expensive side, I sought myself to find a good replacement from the drugstore. After a couple of heartbreaks (including a Rimmel ScandalEyes and Extreme one) I was about to buy your box-standard L'oreal eyeliner when this little bad boy caught my eye and, since it was even cheaper that the L'oreal one, I decided to give it a go. As you do when you get new beauty goodies, the first thing I did when I got home was swatched this Maybelline Master Precise eyeliner, and boy was I wowed by the straight-pigmented-and-well-defined line.
- Amazing pigmentation
- Great for small or large lines and flicks
- Sets quite quickly (as to smudge as little as possible)
- Good lasting power (Specially for a none waterproof product)
- Slick and matte lines
- The nib is not as bendy as I would like it to be (which makes it a bit harder to make a straight line across the lash line)
- It does smudge a bit on the corner of my eye
- Doesn't have a waterproof version
All in all, this is a really great eyeliner, probably among the best you can find in the drugstore and a really good dupe for the Dior one, at a third of the price. I also really like the fine nib to eyeline my lower lash line (I sort of do this by making really tiny dots) and if you use it on top of a powder (eg. eye shadow) it last even longer.
Final score: 9/10 (would be a 10 if there were a waterproof version)
Have you tried this product? what's your best drugstore liner?